16 Apr HLH Group Policy in Response to COVID-19
COVID-19 Response from HLH
At this stage we are continuing to provide our labour hire services as normal however due to the COVID-19 we need to ensure we are continuing to provide a safe working environment for all our workers. We recently discussed the effects of Coronavirus on the Australian construction industry and here we’ll address our own response to it.
COVID-19 – A Public Health Emergency of International Concern
In January 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of a new coronavirus disease in Hubei Province, China to be a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. WHO stated there is a high risk of the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) spreading to other countries around the world. The disease has the potential to drive significant business and operational impact on us as employees of HLH Group. It is critical that we have a clear plan and lines of communications with all our clients and other third-party entities.
Our Principles Regarding COVID-19
Our guiding principles as we continue to move forward are:
- Keep HLH Group employees, clients and the community safe
- Continue to serve our customers with the highest standards
- Do our part to slow community spread of the virus where there appear to be outbreaks, so that the most vulnerable people are able to get the care they need
Changes Introduced due to COVID-19
In light of the recent COVID-19 pandemic the HLH Group has brought in the following measures as of the 16th March:
- Cancellation of all face to face registrations at our office – we will be conducting online interviews using video calls through Zoom and other software.
- No unnecessary visits to site unless they are essential.
- We have closed our office to all visitors and our office team is now working from home – rest assured we have put place systems to ensure we deliver the same quality service we always do.
- Avoiding physical contact with others (staying more than 1.5 metres from people).
- Practicing good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene always.
- Our Workers who work in close proximity to others are advised to wear PPE (Gloves & Mask to prevent any potential spreading).
- Implemented a policy for on hire workers to follow (if you want a copy please let us know).
- Our on-hire staff will be required to sign a company document stating they are free of symptoms and have not had contact with any person who has shown symptoms prior to commencing on new placements.
We are constantly monitoring the latest guidance from WHO, the federal and the state governments and adapting our response to this evolving situation.
Play Your Part
We all have a role to play during this pandemic and so we would also ask that you notify us as soon as possible if you suspect that any of our workers may have come into contact with someone that has tested positive for the virus or someone that has COVID-19 symptoms while on site.
We recommend you stay updated with the government’s advice at the following links:
Can We Help?
If we can be of any further assistance during this difficult time, then please feel free to call the HLH group team on 02-89852019 or contact us online and we’ll get back to you asap!